Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Bonding Time

My mother and I share a pretty close bond. Pardon the cliche but she's like a close friend. I confide in her and she gives me advice. She's knowledge of all my relationships and crushes and has guided me through minor heartbreaks and woes. I'm the voice of reason when she's caught up with histrionics and melodrama and I'm there for her to vent.

I scare the hell out of her while she cooks, she smacks me when I do. She tells me to shave, I proceed to kiss her cheek with my full beard in all its glory. I'ts a rather unique relationship.

So on the cruise I decided to take her to dance lessons and there we learnt to tango!

I can't dance. But it was so worth it spending time with mom. After spending about 45 minutes walking through the steps I asked her to dance and it was great. I think we were the only mother-son pair there ahaha.

After the class was over we went to lunch with the rest of the family. By the way, 80% of my excitement with regards to going on cruises stem primarily from the fact that food is incredible and abundant. My appetite cannot be sated now that I am home. I swear my stomach has expanded to the size of a small pony.

Anyways, after lunch my mom wanted us to practice again to show dad because he's the last person ever to dance (although he did the YMCA with mom at the beginning of the cruise).
Tango!

No comments:

Post a Comment